You’re living in a Green Cities building.
We believe that good design is sustainable, and contributes to the health of people and the planet. We consider our impact in everything we do, and strive to continuously optimize our energy efficiency. We are meticulous in prioritizing products that are third-party verified and do not contain harmful chemicals, metals, or other toxins.
From clean air and a connection to nature, to a focus on wellness and green living, we hope you can feel the difference. Thank you for being a part of our community as we seek to create a healthier, more sustainable, and more resilient home environment.
Here are some of the ways 5 MLK is prioritizing sustainability, health, and community:
- Replaced unit light bulbs with LED bulbs, which use 75% less energy than incandescent, and last up to 25 times longer.
- Sourced ENERGY STAR©-rated appliances for all renovated units, which use 15% less energy than other models.
- Installed EV stations for convenient charging.
- Planted native and drought-tolerant plants to minimize the need for irrigation.
- Designed building to manage 100% of stormwater from the site to preserve local watersheds and restore the pre-development hydrology of the property.
Health and Wellbeing
- Installed a water bottle filling station and drinking fountain in the amenity space to reduce disposable water bottle use and increase access to fresh water for all.
- Offered expansive bike parking and maintenance workshop.
- Built extensive wellness facilities, including a yoga room, modern fitness center, and wellness rooms.
- Offered yoga classes to all residents.
- Implemented Biophilic Design for a connection to nature and mental, physical, and emotional health.
- Used Universal Design practices which recognize that everyone is different, and takes into consideration their abilities, as well as mental, physical, and emotional needs.
- Used GREENGUARD certified low VOC paints to reduce harmful gasses emitted by traditional paints.
- Installed walk-off floor mats at all entries to reduce indoor air pollutants and dirt.
- Prohibited smoking inside the building and ten feet from all entrances.
- Provided green cleaning supplies to all staff and tenants, reducing harsh chemicals.
5 MLK is a Fitwel, LEED Gold, and Salmon Safe certified building.